The Department of Clinical Sciences in the Fred Wilson School of Pharmacy at High Point University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position in Oncology, Community Pharmacy Practice, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Geriatrics, and Social Administrative Science. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected. Academic rank will be commensurate with experience. Candidates with prior academic experience are encouraged to apply.
The person in this position is responsible for teaching Pharm.D students, developing an independent, extramurally-funded research program and providing service to the School of Pharmacy, University and the greater High Point community. The estimated distribution of effort for this individual at program maturity (i.e., when a full faculty cohort is hired) will be 50-60% research, 20-30% teaching and 20% service (clinical and non-clinical).
Experience and Training:
- 1-2 years of relevant medical or pharmacy academic teaching
- Eligible for Pharmacy licensure in North Carolina
- Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching and a commitment to excellence in pharmacy education and research
- Experience working with students as a faculty mentor or preceptor
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Demonstrated potential to procure extramural research funding and develop an independent research program (highly preferred)
- Experience developing a clinical practice site and successfully conducting practice-based research (highly preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others
- Skill dealing with a diverse group of people
- Ability to write scholarly documents
- Ability to work with and teach using electronic medical records
Interested candidates should submit the following as ONE FILE/ATTACHMENT with Resume/CV:
Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position
Current curriculum vitae
Statement of teaching philosophy
Statement of scholarship philosophy and research interests
Names of three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Dr. Mary Jayne Kennedy at email@example.com. Applicants must apply through the High Point University Work Day platform.