We are currently seeking a Part-Time Supplemental Instructor in our Pharmacy Technology Program. The instructor will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and will work on an as needed basis provide clinical, laboratory instruction and supervision of students in the Pharmacy Tech Program at the West Campus.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: Associate Degree in Dental Hygiene.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
* Current Pharmacy Technician Certification.
* Texas State Board of Pharmacy License.
* Three (3) years minimum of pharmacy experience in retail setting.
* Additional training maybe requested by the program director as needed for the program goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Must demonstrate leadership qualities.
* Must demonstrate time management, and be detailed oriented.
* Ability to provide student instruction and hands-on skilled evaluations.
* Ability to work under stress.
* Must maintain good patient/student communication in a professional manner.
* Must set an example as a professional role model.
* Must be in good physical condition and be able to stand, stoop, walk, bend, lift, push, pull, stretch, walk long distances, and lift up to 50 lbs. often.
* Ability to work under stress, work independently and as a team member.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform effective teaching activities, including classroom instruction, directing projects, and assisting with student coursework, research and internships.
* Plan, develop and present organized classroom instructions and learning opportunities for students in accordance with approved course outlines.
* Teach day and/or evening courses as required.
* Teach off-campus, dual credit and online courses as required.
* Demonstrate and maintain competence in the use of instructional technology.
* Demonstrate competence in his/her teaching field and related technologies.
* Attend briefings on procedures, advising, registration, and general policy.
* Complete appropriate administrative paperwork and performance evaluations in a timely manner.
* Educate themselves regarding College policies.
* Ensure effective two-way communication at all levels of responsibility.
* Participate in department, division and college meetings as assigned or required.
* Assume responsibility for the orderliness of the learning environment and in the appropriate safety use of instructional facilities and equipment.
* Participate in and complete performance assessments/evaluations as assigned.
* Perform additional related duties as required.
* As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time, and be able to move materials weighing up to 25 pounds.
Working Environment: This job may operate in a classroom, online, or tech supported setting. This role routinely uses standard classroom and office equipment such as microphones, audio/video-recorders, computers, overhead projectors, phones, copy machines, filing cabinets and fax machines. Classroom location assignment may vary.
SALARY: $25.00 per hour. Total hours may vary from week to week, but may not exceed 19 hours per week.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice