Since 1885, CHI St. Alexius Health has been dedicated to leading health care in this region by enriching the lives of patients through the highest quality of care. We seek to continue our tradition of success and innovation with individuals dedicated to delivering the highest level of expertise and quality. Together we can continue to grow and support the legacy of CHI St. Alexius Health for many years to come.
CHI St. Alexius Health officially announced the formation of its regional health care system on April 19, 2016. The system is the largest health care delivery system in central and western North Dakota and is comprised of a tertiary hospital in Bismarck, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) in Carrington, Dickinson, Devils Lake, Garrison, Turtle Lake, Washburn and Williston and numerous clinics and outpatient services. CHI St. Alexius Health manages five CAHs in North Dakota - Ashley, Elgin, Linton, and Wishek, as well as Mobridge Regional Medical Center in Mobridge, S. D.
Assists pharmacists in providing pharmaceutical care services and participates actively in all phases of drug distribution. Treats all persons for their own personal worth and dignity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attains completion of department goals/objectives as established for the current fiscal year
- Successfully completed the defined job specific competencies
- Practices and promotes procedures designed to guarantee security in pharmacy
- Date checking
- Book reviewed and areas missed reported to assistant director
- E-mail date checking areas and time to complete assistant director
- Expire narcotics in NarcStation
- Initial and date the area completed in the date check book
- Report suggestions to floor stock committee on stock levels
- Assistant director approval for other than date checking activity
- Readable working barcode on all dispenses and delivery of medication
- Bubble packaging in MILT
- TadPol Labels
- Barcode items without manufacturer readable barcode
- Daily filling and delivery of patient medication Daily Cart Fill utilizing MedCarousel, Robot and Manual processes
- Sending medications via Computerized Transfer System (Tube system) as per hospital policy
- Check returns in pharmacy outbox
- Place refrigerated items and check refrigerators for discontinued of past due medications
- Review MAR and deliver only active medications.
- Review extempo syringes and make sure all doses are correct until next extempo fill
- Bulk items like inhalers and eye drops and active PRN's are to remain
- All nursing stations are checked for credits even if no patients or medications on fill
- Patient credits separated and placed back in delivery envelope for Connect-Rx crediting
- Charges/Credits and Support of order entry area
- Do not credit opened bulk containers
- Save discontinued inhalers in bin appropriately labeled
- Return Robot stock to Robot with return label
- Return manual picks to appropriate bin
- Determine need and package materials immediately needed to complete daily fill from bins placed on counter
- Refill medication stock and supplies
- Compound products needed like miracle mouthwash
- Prepare extempo syringes needed before daily fill
- Prepare syringe labels and prepare extempo syringes for daily fill.
- Bill outpatient prescriptions
- Manual picks appropriately processed
- Reconcile patients utilizing Acudose External Charge Exception Report
- Charging and crediting in HMM Pharmacy from forms and stickers generated by external departments
- Acudose Refill and Robot Restocking
- Ensure checking of all stock to be delivered is checked by pharmacist (high risk or high alert) or technician certified as qualified to check all other items
- Check Oxytocin IV's
- Provide feed back to floor stock committee on problems
- Return bin emptied and products returned to pharmacy
- Generate and print reports in Connect Rx (narcstation-robot-acudose) needed to investigate discrepancies.
- Gather stock and report any variances in off line inventory to McKesson pack plus packagers
- Analyze product in overstock and rejection bin and determine reason
- Report excessive dropped med or packaging problems
- Clear rods as per procedure to ensure stock rotation and address ** on restocking report to prevent stock outs on morning fill
- Run appropriate reports to refill AcuDose machine
- Post prescriptions to NarcStation utilizing PharmaServ reports and verify perpetual inventory on items recorded.
- Generate PO and receive controlled substances in NarcStation.
- Run transaction reports to view all transactions to the medication and the inventory.
- Review and correct numbers
- Review bins to include dispensing partials for stock rotation
- Stock is always checked by pharmacist
- Scanner is used 100% of time
- Frozen and Premixed IVs on piggyback first dose and batch
Satisfactorily completed self-study modules or graduate of an academic technician training program and/or certified as pharmacy technician
Licensed as pharmacy technician by North Dakota State Board of Pharmacy, including a Board accepted national certification.
Completed Tech I training or satisfactory completion of academic rotations
Relates well with staff, patients and visitors. Maintains confidentiality.
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.