Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Certified Technician provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.) including high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
7. Assists with training of new employees, educating them in job-specific functions.
8. Contributes to process improvement projects.
9. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
Other Information Other information:
? High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
? Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.·CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA unless enrolled in a PharmD program.
Professional Experience Requirements:
? Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: STATE
Entity : UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit : Chemotherapy Pharmacy
Work Type : Intern
Standard Hours Per Week : 8.00
Work Schedule : Variable
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: No