Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Pharmacy Technician II you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Heart Hospital of Austin, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Pharmacy Technician II where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacy Technician II you will assist pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. You will participate in providing patient specific care standards as directed and follow service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- You will accurately and safely compound and label medications and parenteral admixtures
- You will utilize aseptic techniques in the preparation of parenteral admixtures
- You will compound chemotherapy preparation per established protocol
- You will accurately fill individual medication orders
- You will accurately transport medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas
- You will provide basic technical support for automated dispensing cabinets and other pharmacy computer systems
- You will perform daily Pyxis routines as assigned
- You will replenish emergency cart trays, floor stock, and medication boxes as necessary
- You will process medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy
- You will accurately package and prepare medications for dispensing as assigned
- You will perform receiving and check in of medication/supply orders as defined in policy and notify the pharmacy inventory manager of any shortages, overages or damages of product
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent or proof of higher level of education
- Previous Pharmacy Technician hospital experience - preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) Pharmacy Technician Registration or TSBP Pharmacy Intern License
- Sterile Products (IV) Certification through the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
Heart Hospital of Austin , which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well. It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research programs in the world .
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Pharmacy Technician II opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We're committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.