At Stop & Shop our Pharmacy Tech's have a significant impact on delivering our promise of a streamlined, personalized shopping experience for our customers. To achieve this goal the Pharmacy Tech's will use their strong communication and interpersonal skills to welcome and offer understanding and caring service to our customers. Additionally Pharmacy Tech's will assist pharmacists in checking and filling prescriptions, answering questions and requests, responding to and referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Performing computer data entry of prescription information;
- Maintaining a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations;
- Organizing medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions;
- Ability to work a retail schedule which includes weekends and evenings;
- Able to meet physical demands, including standing for long periods of time.
- Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your states Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g. PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred).
Stop and shop is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.