Guardian Pharmacy of Maine is part of the Guardian Pharmacy Services network and prides itself on its customer service. Each team member plays an integral part in the success of the pharmacy.
Responsible for entering and processing prescriptions into the pharmacy operating system with both speed and accuracy. Communicates with customers on the telephone and responds quickly and courteously to their needs.
- Work Ethic/Integrity - must possess intrinsic drive to excel coupled with values in line with company philosophy
- Strategy and Planning - ability to think ahead, plan and manage time efficiently
- Problem Solving - ability to analyze causes and solve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Team Oriented - ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all team members
Essential Job Functions (include the following):
- Enter new and refill prescriptions into operating system in accurate and timely manner to eliminate errors at dispensing
- Triage incoming fax prescriptions to ensure timely dispensing
- Ensure proper notes in computer and cycle fill coding
- Calculate and/or verify the correct dosage based on the prescription
- Demonstrate caring, understanding and courtesy when responding to calls from customers. Route calls as appropriate to ensure top level service
- Ensure all prescriptions assigned for processing are completed in regular shift
- Receive, evaluate, process and follow-up as needed with doctors' offices on all refills assigned
- Develop proficiency in the utilization of all pharmacy systems (ie document imaging, legacy pharmacy computer operating system)
- On an as needed, may assist with filing of completed orders, packaging of medications, profiling of orders for medical records, and filling processed prescriptions to dispense to the patient
- Develop and learn cycle in order to meet delivery deadlines. Maintain data entry records for cycle medication, fill requests and process cycle medication orders needing renewal in addition to new cycle orders as applicable
- Other essential functions and duties may be assigned as needed
Education and/or Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Pharmacy Technician license/certification/registration (per state requirements); National Certification preferred (PTCB)
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of related experience (advanced degree may substitute for experience)
- Advanced computer skills; pharmacy operations system experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines
- Ability to solve problems with minimal direction
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment working on multiple tasks simultaneously, while adhering to strict deadlines
- Quality minded; motivated to seek out errors and inquire when something appears inaccurate
- Ability to work flexible hours
Full-Time employees working 30+ hours per week are eligible to enroll in our comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life and supplemental life insurance, and PTO.
All employees are eligible to enroll in our company matched 401(k) plan.