Full Time Pharmacy Technician position available in Port Charlotte, Fl at a Compounding Pharmacy. Brand New 3300 sqft. of Retail/Compounding Pharmacy. Family owned and operated for 6+years.
Pharmacy Technician Job Duties:
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Pharmacy Technician Skills and Qualifications:
- Supply Management
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Creating a Safe
- Effective Environment
- Quality Focus
- Supply Management
- Analyzing Information
- Informing Others
Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
Do you have the following license or certification: ACTIVE FLORIDA Technician License?
Do you have the following license or certification: Driver's License?
Do you speak ENGLISH?
Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Are you able to commute to this job's location?
What percentage of the time are you willing to travel for work?