Location: Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, St. Petersburg, FL
Category: Allied Health/Clinical Professional
Work Week: Temporary Full Time
Weekend Work Required: No
Date Posted: March 31, 2021
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg, FL is hiring for a Pharmacy Technician in the Milk Depot/Formula Room.
Schedule: 40 hours per week
4- 10 hour days - 7am-5:30pm
- The Milk Technician is responsible for performing duties with the daily operating procedures of the Milk Depot, which includes receiving of expressed breast milk, processing enteral feeding orders, preparing breast milk and formula feedings and delivery to the patient unit.
- Responsible for the calculation, preparation, labeling, storage and delivery of all feedings in the NICU and assigned areas; includinghuman milk feedings as well as ready to feed formula.
- The Formula Room Technician must adhere to all food safety and sanitation regulations and standards established by regulating agencies and the medical center.
- A minimum of a High School diploma, GED, Certificate of Completion or equivalent achievement.
- Basic mathematical ability to measure and prepare formula according to recipe.
- Ability to follow human milk and formula preparation procedures correctly.
- Possess knowledge of and experience with aseptic technique.
- Experience as a Human Milk Technician, Pharmacy Technician, Dietic Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant, or related clinical field is highly preferred.
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff was established in 1987 to meet the temporary staffing needs of the Johns Hopkins Health System. We provide our clients with a full range of temporary clinical, administrative, IT and other business support personnel. Intrastaff is unique as we are one of a very few agencies where you receive the benefits that come with being a temporary employee while you also enjoy feeling like a member of a large organization. Our temporary employees enjoy access to a variety of rewarding positions and the opportunity to be part of a world-renowned medical institution. Working at Johns Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research. Bring your passion and join our extraordinary team at Johns Hopkins Health System with Intrastaff.