Join our PharMerica team! PharMerica is a closed-door pharmacy where you can focus on fulfilling the pharmaceutical needs of our long-term care and senior living clients. We offer a non-retail pharmacy environment. Our organization is in high growth mode, which means advancement opportunities for individuals who are looking for career progression!
SHIFT: 9am to 5:30pm, M-F.
$500 Sign On Bonus!
Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Company paid STD and LTD
Employee Discount Program
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals, rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply today!
* Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery, meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the pharmacy
* Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or auxiliary labels
* Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
* May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove out-of-date items from the inventory
* Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
* Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner
* May process returned medications from the facility for credit or destruction
* Assists in the training of new employees
* Also performs at least one of the following:
* Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
* Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
* Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy standard for Days on Hand;
* Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer system to produce labels (data entry);
* Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and hood
* Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g., RxNow)
* Performs other tasks as assigned
* Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience in a pharmacy setting and with medical terminology. Ability to operate a computer; ability to recognize and identify medications. Detail oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication. Pharmacy Technician license.
* Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.
About our Line of Business
Pharmacy Alternatives®, a PharMerica company, is a specialized pharmacy provider focused on serving individuals with cognitive, intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) helping people live their best life. Pharmacy Alternatives combined with PharMerica offer unmatched long-term pharmacy solutions specializing in serving special-needs populations who live in intermediate care facilities, waiver homes, group homes, assisted living, supported-living or foster care. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy companies. The combined organization offers unmatched employee development, exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more information about Pharmacy Alternatives, please visit . Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.