CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center is an 881-bed quaternary care academic medical center that is a joint venture between Baylor College of Medicine and CHI St. Luke's Health. Located in the Texas Medical Center, the hospital is the home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD. The hospital was the first facility in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award five consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke's also has three community emergency centers offering adult and pediatric care for the Greater Houston area
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
- Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
- Flexible spending accounts
Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Our Pharmacy Technicians play a vital role in the medication management of our patients. They assist Pharmacists in preparing the pharmaceutical needs of our patients and serve as liaisons between Pharmacists and many medication management systems. Compounding narcotics, pre-packaging tablets, and preparing IV medications are simply a few of the important tasks our Pharmacy Techs complete in order to get out patients what they need. If you are a detail oriented Pharmacy Tech, we want to talk to you.
What you will need:
- Communication - The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people including, patients, Pharmacists and Physicians
- Problem Solving - The ability to problem solve problems with patients, insurance companies and co-workers
- Pay Attention to the small things - The ability to pay attention to details is a highly sought after skill
Minimum Qualifications Pharmacy Tech I:
- Completion of a pharmacy tech program
- Registered Pharmacy Technician (CPHT) with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or pharmacy school student intern card
- Aseptic Technique - Complete an ACPE approved 40 hour sterile products course as required by location
- Experience Required - None