The Pharmacy Technician 2 assists in the technical aspects of the distribution of medications and related functions, with the ability to perform tasks independently and to maintain a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of pharmaceutical care.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
* Maintains a specialized area of responsibility while aiding in the delivery of care in areas such as Purchasing, Receiving, Auditing, Sterile and nonsterile compounding, Billing, Informatics, Medication Reconciliation, Licensing, Contracting, and Marketing.
* Enters medication orders from doctors' order sheets/prescriptions and fills according to label, ensuring that the correct product is dispensed and that the dosage form and charge quantity are in accordance with formulary; enters correct billing data as required. Completes and files appropriate paperwork to ensure payment for and delivery of pharmacy supplies. Monitors lost charges.
* Orders supplies daily and coordinates returns for credit when pharmaceuticals have expired.
* Coordinates the Drug Recall Process.
* Assists in maintaining a clean, orderly, and fully stocked work environment in accordance with established policies and procedures. Performs inventory control: Stocking, cleaning and facing prescription and OTC shelves.
* Compounds or admixes ingredients appropriately for dispensing, cart fill and sterile preparation while under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
* Perform IV admixtures using aseptic techniques and in compliance with accepted regulatory standards as required.
* Helps patients and medical staff with nonjudgmental questions under the direct supervision of a pharmacist preceptor. Answers simple questions from medical staff and patients.
* Delivers medication appropriately to patients, and delivers delivery carts to floors daily.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
* General understanding of Pharmacy Care modalities, terminology, pharmaceutical calculations, terminology, drug use and aseptic techniques, standards, and equipment.
* Knowledge of procedures and standards for the labeling and dispensing of prescription medications.
* Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow chart protocols.
* Ability to sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
* Ability to follow established safety, infection control, environmental and isolation practices and procedures at all times.
* Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with patients and staff.
* General computer skills, including but not limited to: using required software applications, data entry, information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held scanning and email.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
* EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
* EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
* CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Pharmacy Technician (PHT), Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT): Must have one of the following from the TX Board of Pharmacy:
* Registered Pharmacy Intern (RPH-INT)
* Pharmacy Technician (PHT).