The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop and manage the overall pharmacy billing operations of ElderScript Services. As part of an interdependent team of skilled and caring people the Pharmacy Billing Manager must act in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our pharmacy.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee all the daily and monthly functions of the Adjudication and Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
* Will also perform task as outlined in Accounts Receivable Manager or Adjudications Manger job responsibilities.
* Communicate with other billing and pharmacy departments as they relate to resident and facility billing.
* Complete monthly billing spreadsheets.
* Prepare all reports needed for monthly billing calls.
* Participate in monthly billing calls with each facility.
* Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility.
* Moves intermittently during work hours.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, under all conditions and circumstances.
* Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
* Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel and other department supervisors.
* Works beyond normal working hours and in other positions temporarily, when necessary. Works on weekends and holidays when necessary.
* Is subject to callback during emergency conditions.
* Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, plastics, synthetics, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other potential contaminants.
* Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
* Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
* Maintains a liaison with the resident, their families, support departments, etc. to adequately plan for the residents' needs.
* Certified Pharmacy Technician; experience in LTC pharmacy with knowledge of LTC pharmacy law as well as billing in conjunction with Medicaid, Medicare and private insurance companies.
* Has a background in pharmaceutical protocol and long term care facilities
* Management experience
* Has a comprehensive knowledge of billing Medicare/Medicaid
* Has a comprehensive knowledge of billing private insurance and associated regulations (e.g. Medicare Part D)
* Able to communicate effectively and has the ability to interact with various clients who express their complaints
* Ability to improve, create and implement processes