As a Research Pharmacist at the Cedars-Sinai Angeles Clinic, you will assist in providing therapeutic recommendations and answering medication and patient -related questions from other healthcare providers.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual medication-related problems including untreated indications, improper drug selection, sub-therapeutic dosage, overdosage, failure to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions, and medications without indication.
- Provides patients and other healthcare providers with education on medication use, side effects, and drug interactions when appropriate.
- Communicates with physicians and pharmacists to recommend changes in medication therapy to optimize patient outcomes (i.e. labs not at goal, discontinuation of medication).
- Strongly meets/exceeds reviews which includes consistently passing competency assessments.
- Preceptes students and residents.
- Participates in protocol development and/or updates.
- Participates in initiatives and projects to support the department.
- Participates in training other pharmacists and pharmacy support specialists and may serve as a champion for competency assessment(s) content and sign off based on years of experience and knowledge.
- Supports the process of completing medication prior authorizations as needed.
- Documents patient progress and outcomes for future reporting.
- Assures ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical care services provided.
- Provides physician education through presentations and "Pharmacy Hot Topics" Cedars-Sinai Medical Group internal monthly newsletter.
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Ca Pharmacist license
- BLS card within 180 days
- Maintains research drug accountability logs.
- Mixes chemotherapy blinded study drugs, and research clinical trial drugs as needed.
- Dispenses oral research drugs and educates patients regarding trial regimens.
- Along with the nursing team, monitors serious adverse events (SAEs) of the clinical trial regimens.
- Available to the clinical trial monitors during audits and visits.
- 1 year Comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology as related to drug usage.
- 1 year Current eligibility to obtain NPI number.
- 1 year Ability to comprehend patient medical management plans.
- 1 year Board certification and/or certificates in area(s) of expertise - preferred
- 1 year Research experience (for Research Pharmacist)
- Stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location.- occasionally
- Sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects.- occasionally
- Perform continuous operation of a personal computer for four hours or more.- occasionally
- Use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment.-frequently
- Climb stairs and/or ladders.-rarely
- Bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, or crawl - rarely
- Bend upper torso and reach up and out with hands and arms.-rarely
- Perform unaided lifting of objects, please list the amount of weight that would be lifted, along with the frequency required.-rarely