Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference today by bringing your personal touch and clinical experiences that will support our patient's one-on-one care?
As a Clinical Home Infusion Pharmacist, you will review charts and lab results for an assigned caseload of patients receiving specialized, complex infusion therapy and TPN care. You will communicate routinely with the patient and caregivers; answering questions, gathering information and discussing updates and course recommendations with the physician. You will utilize your excellent written and verbal customer service skills as well as advanced computer skills in order to interact with key caregivers and patients.
Pharmacists with Coram CVS/specialty infusion services have a uniquely rewarding setting in which to use their exceptional pharmacy skills. As a national leader in the home infusion field, we seek to hire those special pharmacists who not only possess strong clinical expertise, but also the kind of deep compassion and sensitivity it takes to build one-on-one relationships and support patients receiving infusion therapy in the comfort of their home.
Our Marietta, GA branch is seeking a Home Infusion Pharmacist M-F 8 am to 8 pm rotating shifts & rotating weekends 9am-6 pm, & holidays, rotating on call after hour shifts
* Building strong one-on-one relationships with your patients while they are recovering or receiving routine treatments, and supporting remote patients on a routine schedule and as needed.
* Participating in patient evaluation and chart review for acceptance, product selection, device selection and supply management.
* Collect, interpret and evaluate all physician medication orders for therapeutic appropriateness, cost effectiveness, accuracy, safety and completeness.
* Monitor the patient's progress and assessment results to communicate clinical and technical information with the physician and other members of healthcare team. Most patient contact will be on the phone and, on occasion, you will meet them in our infusion suites.
* Directly supervise pharmacy technicians and support personnel in the appropriate compounding, packaging and labeling of compounded sterile products.
* Assist in training and orientation of new employees, performance improvement activities and educational programs
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran - we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
Bachelors or Doctor of Pharmacy Degree in Pharmacy from an accredited college or university.
Current license to practice pharmacy in state of GA.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
* If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 45 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
* If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
One year related experience in an IV alternate site environment or equivalent is preferred.
Home infusion therapy or home infusion rotation experience preferred.
Demonstrated experience in research or other areas of pharmacy.
Have and maintain a current CPR certification if in direct contact with patients.
Willingness to learn the clinical and business needs of Coram.
B.S. or doctorate of pharmacy degree is required.
At Coram, a CVS Health business, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.