The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy announces an immediate opening for a caring and compassionate full-time Order Entry Technician at our long-term care store in Pittsburgh, PA (south side).
Job Opening: Pharmacy Order Entry Technician
Location: 330 S. 9th St, Pittsburgh, PA
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 11:30am - 8:00pm, with weekend shifts on a rotating basis
As an Order Entry Technician you will be responsible to receive, interpret, and maintain records for orders placed through the pharmacy. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to.
- Read and review prescriptions; enter prescription data into the pharmacy filling system
- Interpret medical abbreviations
- Troubleshoot prescriptions to obtain missing information
- Record communication concerning orders within patient records
- Maintain electronic documentation related to orders within patient profiles
- Provide customer service to callers regarding orders
- Assists with claim billing and adjudication to third party payers
If you possess the following skills and experience and share our commitment to service, we invite you to apply by contacting us today:
- Previous experience in pharmacy setting required, experience with order entry preferred
- Active Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and handle other computer components
- Basic computer/keyboard skills
- Ability to read and decipher written medical documents with speed and accuracy
Because our customers are our first priority, we seek candidates who demonstrate exceptional integrity, care, compassion, empathy, and commitment in their work.
Prior to beginning work, successful applicants must complete a background check consisting of criminal records check, Medicare exclusions check, employment verification, education verification, drug test, licensure/certification verification, and DMV motor vehicle record check, as applicable.
Caring Service, Compliance Medication Systems, Teamwork
Operating as Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Care Capital Management (CCM) was founded in 1971 with a dedication to caring service. What makes us special is that we focus our attention and efforts on delivering personal retail service, long-term care, and institutionalized pharmacy. To learn more, visit our website at www.CareCapitalManagement.com.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life, disability, paid time off, paid holiday for eligible employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.