DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medication History Pharmacy Technician.
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 380-bed acute-care hospital offering a full range of services. Lawnwood is home to the most experienced Heart Institute on the Treasure Coast providing interventional and therapeutic care, including open-heart surgery. Other hospital services include adult and pediatric emergency services, labor/delivery and birthing, pediatrics, orthopedics, oncology, nuclear medicine, diagnostic services, as well as inpatient and outpatient surgical services.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity!
As the Medication History Pharmacy Tech, you will work days & evenings with rotating weekends. You will perform medication histories for new hospital admission. Under general supervision of the clinical pharmacist, you will provide complete and accurate information for each medication, e.g., drug name, dose, route, frequency, indication, and date/time last dose was taken.
- Utilizes available resources for medication history collection including but not limited to: patient/family interview, medication lists, outside facility medication administration records, outpatient pharmacy records, and physician office records.
- Verifies/updates patient allergy, adverse drug reaction, preferred pharmacy and primary care physician information in the electronic medical record.
- Documents medication histories completed in the electronic health record, sending to the pharmacist for cosignature in an accurate and timely manner.
- Documents medication histories in CPW/VigiLanz in an accurate and timely manner. Assists the medication reconciliation pharmacist by ensuring patients identified for discharge counseling and medication reconciliation have a pharmacy services completed medication history.
- Prepares education materials for the medication reconciliation pharmacist as necessary.
- Schedule may vary according to the needs of the facility/department and may include weekend, evening shift, holiday, on-call, and additional hours.
What qualification will you need:
High school graduate or GED
2 + years previous retail pharmacy experience is required
1+ years of inpatient pharmacy experience is preferred
Maintains current pharmacy technician registration or pharmacy intern license
National Pharmacy Tech Certification required (CPhT/PTCB)
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for HCA Healthcare. We lead a collection of highly motivated healthcare professionals just like you and creative leaders who are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We have partnered with over 1,600 hospitals for their purchasing needs. Our organization has been continually recognized by Practice Greenhealth as being committed to environmentally responsible practices.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company?s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.