Position Purpose: The Manager of Pharmacy Operations plans, organizes and controls the activities and staff required to perform pharmaceutical operations.
- Manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of department staff.
- Oversees the employment, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates.
- Implements department plans and goals to reduce pharmaceutical costs and maintain a high quality pharmacy delivery system for the entire service area.
- Develops, implements and directs the use of policies and procedures for administration of drug formulary (Preferred Drug List), benefit design and implementation, pharmacy claims, telephone service and other special units as needed.
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and implementation of procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals.
- Prepares information manuals, policy identification and resolution.
- Coordinates and interacts with marketing, contracts, member services, and provider services for impact of pharmaceutical issues with various product lines and assists in the resolution of benefit issues with these departments.
- Coordinates with providers and medical groups and makes decisions to resolve issues and promote proper use of pharmaceuticals.
- Oversees Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) and mail order pharmacy oversight.
- Manages the pharmacy prior authorization program to provide a quality, cost-effective pharmacy benefit.
- Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off including paid holidays
- Health insurance coverage for you and dependents
- 401(k) and stock purchase plans
- Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Pharmacy, Health Care Administration, or a related field required; or any combination of education and/or work experience providing equivalent background. Four years progressively responsible positions within pharmacy operations including one to two years in a supervisory role or equivalent required.
License/Certification: Current valid and unrestricted Pharmacy Technician licensure preferred.
This role manages appoximately 8 Account Managers. Travel is expected to be 25% between St. Louis and Orlando office.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.