Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position provides support to the pharmacist by reviewing, compounding and dispensing medications. All work is carried out under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
1. Compounds and/or prepares medications (sterile products, oral, topical, controlled substances, etc.). with the exception of high-risk medication processes as defined by the entity, as authorized by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed Pharmacist.
2. Delivers exchanges medications to the respective patient area and returns unused medications to the pharmacy.
3. Documents pharmaceutical activities including patient billing for medications and equipment, quality control requirements, etc. using automated and paper systems. Ensures accuracy of data.
4. Responds to and triages requests from customers for assistance with pharmacy services such as medication delivery, drug information, etc.
5. Operates and supports automated dispensing technology to supply correct medications for individual patients, according to pharmacist and physician orders.
6. Orders, receives, restocks, and rotates inventory, and completes expiration date management.
7. Contributes to process improvement projects.
8. Completes regulatory compliance inspection of medication storage areas, including inspections and/or controlled substance inventories, USP797 and other regulatory documentation as required.
Other Information Other information:
? High school diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred.
? Registration with the NC Board of Pharmacy unless enrolled in a PharmD program.•Requirement to become a certified pharmacy technician (CPhT from PTCB or ExCPT from NHA) within 12 months of employee orientation date (EOD), with the first exam scheduled within the first 6 months of EOD. •Pharmacy students enrolled in a PharmD program do not need to obtain certification.
Professional Experience Requirements:
? Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity : UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit : UNCHCS HomeCare Pharmacy
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Day Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: No