The System Pharmacy Sourcing Director is responsible for oversight and integrity of acute and non-acute pharmaceutical sourcing, inventory management, vendor management, group purchasing organization (GPO) and wholesaler relationships, formulary standards, pharmacy supply-chain related information systems and technology. The incumbent must have a thorough understanding of healthcare provider acute and non-acute pharmacy supply chain and Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) best practices. The Pharmacy Director will lead in planning of inventory strategy and mitigation of medication shortages by leveraging technology and predictive ordering processes. Additional areas of oversight include optimization and support of automation related to pharmacy inventory and distribution, pharmaceutical contracting and GPO, evaluation of outsourcing needs for high-risk compounded sterile products, and ensuring compliance with DSCSA provisions. In addition to supply chain functions, the Director will oversee the pharmacy's obligations in the order-to-pay process and will work closely with finance to assure the process is completed in an accurate and timely fashion. The incumbent will also develop and lead/facilitate implementation of innovations in health system pharmacy automation support, pharmacy technology support, and medication distribution systems. Responsibilities include the analysis, identification and implementation of opportunities to improve quality, cost, and productivity within all aspects of department and health-system medication supply chain. All responsibilities are accomplished in collaboration with the acute and non-acute pharmacy leaders and finance leadership teams.
* Doctor of Pharmacy Degree, from an accredited school of pharmacy
* Active License to practice pharmacy by the California Board of Pharmacy
* Successful completion of a clinical pharmacy residency program which conforms to the American Society of Health Systems Pharmacist standards required; certification preferred.
* 5 years prior pharmacy management experience required
* Experience with non-acute, oncology, specialty, and chronic disease management
* Track record of expertise and experience with IDN and/or non-acute pharmacy P2P, supply chain and inventory management; pharmacy distributing management experience
* Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills; experience in managed care; and demonstrated ability to exercise collaboration, negotiation and other interpersonal skills
* Must demonstrate track record of success in working with physicians and within multidisciplinary healthcare professions
* Position requires comprehensive knowledge of pharmacology, medical terminology, pathologies, disease states, evidenced-based guidelines and related information to medical management plan
* PC skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are required; ERP and purchasing/wholesale
* Leader with a track record of working with teams to establish vision and direction, creates an atmosphere of trust, leverages diverse views, coaches/develops, and encourages improvement and innovation.