The Administrative Director of Pharmacy Services assumes the responsibilities to lead, plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the human and material resources of all of the pharmacies within Unity Health System. This includes Park Ridge Hospital, Parkway Apothecary, Park Ridge Apothecary and Genesee Street Campus Apothecary. He/she is accountable for pharmacy's operational activities which include consistent compliance with the system's goals, objectives and missions of quality patient care. The director initiates and promotes collaborative intra and inter departmental relationships to maximize efficiency and productivity.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Unity Hospital
* B.S. Pharmacy required
* MBA preferred
* Minimum of five years Director experience in hospital pharmacy
Pharmacist Licensure or eligibility for licensure in New York State.
* Determines the goals and objectives for the system and the functions it is to perform relative to the philosophy, mission and goals of the hospital.
* Communicates such objectives to Hospital Administration and the pharmacy staff.
* Initiates and recommends short and long range programs, develops plans and determines operations and services to obtain objectives within budget and in accordance with overall hospital policies.
* Determines department organization policies, employee complement and budget.
* Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with hospital administrators, pharmacy personnel, physicians and nursing staff within all patient care areas.
* Oversees and directs compliance with JCAHO and other regulatory agencies.
* Ensures distribution of high quality efficacious and cost effective drugs.
* Active participant in Patient Care Services value analysis team (VAT).
* Interviews, selects, orients, trains and supervises directly and indirectly all department employees.
* Interprets, communicates and discusses with employees hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
* Works with each employee, determines job objective, work methods and performance standards.
* Mentors and develops the system administrator role within pharmacy services.
* Schedules and directs the work of all Unity Health Pharmacy Departments; encourages initiative, promotes collaborative practices.
* Appraises employee performance relative to the department objectives, discussing appraisal with each employee and encourages him/her in the development of constructive habits and attitudes for improved performance.
* Initiates, authorizes and communicates salary changes, promotions, transfers, counsels, discipline, discharge, vacation schedule, time off and all other personnel actions in a timely and effective manner.
* Delegates duties to various department employees granting sufficient authority to complete their tasks and reviews the completed projects.
* Encourages employees to bring concerns to his/her attention and listens to their grievances in accordance with hospital procedures. Takes prompt action or, if necessary, refers employee to higher authority.
* Keeps employees at all levels informed of overall hospital and pharmacy objectives and matters affecting their work and interests. Seeks comments and suggestions from employees on these matters.
* Develops budget which addresses internal and external constraints for pharmacy.
* Reviews P&L statements for the Apothecaries.
* Monitors pharmacy expenses and reports to Finance and Leadership on a regular basis.
* Works consistently with prescribers to promote the utilization of the most cost effective therapies by providing education, setting standards and establishing drug usage guidelines.