The Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy announces an opening for a caring and compassionate part-time Consulting Pharmacist at our long-term care store in Binghamton, NY.
Job Opening: Consulting Pharmacist
Status: Part-time (flexible hours, approximatley 10 hours per week)
As a Consulting Pharmacist you will be responsible for providing pharmaceutical care intended to improve quality of life for residents in skilled nursing and assisted living settings. Common services that the Consulting Pharmacist provides include Medication Therapy Management, education, and quality assurance. Travel to nursing home facilities (within two hour radius of the home pharmacy in Binghamton, NY) is required at least 75% of the time; mileage reimbursed by the company. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review medication regimen of patients to identify potential or actual medication-related problems
- Assist physicians, other prescribers, and patients in selecting the appropriate medication, dose, dosage form, formulation, route, method of administration, and/or delivery system for medications prescribed
- Provide counseling on medications to patients and/or their caregivers such as dosage, administration techniques, adverse effects, storage and refills
- Oversee all aspects of pharmacy services in the facility related to the medication-use process, which includes prescribing, ordering, dispensing, delivering, storing, handling, administering, and disposing of medications
- Participate in medication room inspections at facilities and conduct in-service training for nursing staff outlining pharmacy procedures.
- Be available to serve on-call 24/7 as required.
- When working in the pharmacy, ensures all RX items leaving the pharmacy are accurate, complete and payment has successfully been secured including dispensing of medications to Medicare beneficiaries.
If you possess the following skills and experience and share our commitment to service, we invite you to apply by contacting us today:
- Must be a licensed and in good standing Pharmacist Professional in New York.
- No previous violations or suspension of licenses due to fraud, theft of non-compliance with State and Federal Regulations.
- Demonstrated experience consulting in a skilled nursing and personal care/assisted living setting required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current regulations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and handle other computer components.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Because our customers are our first priority, we seek candidates who demonstrate exceptional integrity, care, compassion, empathy, and commitment in their work.
Prior to beginning work, successful applicants must complete a background check consisting of criminal records check, Medicare exclusions check, employment verification, education verification, drug test, licensure/certification verification, and DMV motor vehicle record check, as applicable.
Caring Service, Compliance Medication Systems, Teamwork
Operating as Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy, Care Capital Management (CCM) was founded in 1971 with a dedication to caring service. What makes us special is that we focus our attention and efforts on delivering personal retail service, long-term care, and institutionalized pharmacy. To learn more, visit our website at www.CareCapitalManagement.com.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life, disability, paid time off, paid holiday for eligible employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.