Manufactures and dispenses medications and other pharmaceutical products using standard physical and chemical procedures to fill written prescriptions issued by physicians and other qualified prescribers. Assures the accurate completion of all clinical preparations. Reviews written prescriptions for accuracy and completeness. Maintains records and statistics as required.
* Dispenses medications to inpatient in accordance with established policy and procedures.
* Receives medication orders and reviews the order for completeness, interactions, and incompatibilities/inconsistencies.
* Dispenses medications; ensures dispensed medications are labeled.
* Initiates computer generated label; maintains records/statistics, as required.
* Maintains each record utilized when dispensing controlled drugs, ensuring the appropriate, completed documentation as per required regulations.
* Notifies the management of any discrepancies noted in the controlled drug inventory.
* Uses aseptic technique in the preparation of intravenous admixtures.
* Orders medications and supplies; receives and checks medications and supplies for accuracy.
* Documents non-formulary drug approvals, restricted drug approvals and unusual medication orders.
* Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
* Bachelor of Pharmacy required.
* Current License to practice as a Pharmacist in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
* 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.