SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
Schedule: Evenings/Rotating Weekends
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As a Clinical Pharmacist, you are responsible for the safe, effective, evidence-based, and cost-effective selection and utilization of medications for the patients you serve. You will utilize your advanced pharmacist knowledge, skills, and professional judgment in all aspects of your work. You will serve as a patient advocate when planning and implementing pharmaceutical care within a multidisciplinary rounding team, collaborating with other healthcare professionals in a knowledgeable and professional manner.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders per physician request according to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Verifies Computerized Physician Order Entry (CPOE) orders for accuracy and appropriateness. Intervenes when orders are unclear or potentially unsafe or inappropriate
- Interprets medication orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately and follows facility practices and procedures for documentation in the patient's medical record
- Trouble shoots/clarifies Centralized Order Entry (COE) orders
- Prepares and dispenses medications, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition preparations safely and accurately using appropriate techniques, USP 797 & 800 guidelines
- Evaluates Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) for appropriateness based on facility policies and guidelines or ASPEN guidelines or recommendations as appropriate
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law. In addition follows corporate policies and procedures related to the dispensing and monitoring of controlled substances
- Ensures safe, appropriate, evidence-based, and cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols
- Monitors medication therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, drug-laboratory test interactions, allergies, appropriateness of drug and dose, indications and therapeutic duplications
Required Job Qualifications include:
- B.S. or Pharm D. degree in Pharmacy
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Graduate of an accredited residency is preferred.
- 2 years hospital pharmacist experience is preferred.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We're committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.