The Project Director role for the Maryland Medicaid Drug Use Review account is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the current contract to provide services related to drug use review, analysis, evaluations and interventions for Maryland Medicaid participants.The Project Director position is a "work from home" position with on-site activities that occur at the State office complex and/or Baltimore City locations. This position requires a Doctorate of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree with an active Maryland license in good standing, and residence in the State of Maryland.
Kepro is a rapidly growing national quality improvement and care management organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.
People Focused. Mission Driven.
Shape the future of healthcare with us. We are mission driven to improve lives through healthcare quality and clinical expertise.
We do this through our people.
At Kepro, you can do meaningful work that makes a real difference for the lives of individuals across the country. We are an organization that cares deeply about our employees and we provide the training and support to do the best work of your career.
Benefits are a key component of your rewards package at Kepro. These benefits are designed to provide you and your family additional protection, security, and support for both your career and your life away from work. They are comprehensive and fit a variety of needs and situations. Our benefits include comprehensive health plans, paid time off, retirement savings, corporate wellness, educational assistance, corporate discounts and more.
Accountabilities:The Project Director works with the Maryland Department of Health Office of Pharmacy Services (MDH OPS) to perform the following tasks:
- Serves as ExecutiveSecretary of the Maryland Medicaid Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board
- Performs DURInterventions for Maryland Medicaid participants
- Provides oversight ofManaged Care Organization (MCO) DUR activities
- Oversees the MarylandMedicaid Corrective Managed Care (Lock-In) program
- Provides continuingeducation programs/documents for and on behalf of the MDH OPS
- Assist in training ofpersonnel
- Must have a Doctorate ofPharmacy degree
- Must be a Marylandlicensed pharmacist in good standing
- Must reside in the Stateof Maryland
- Minimum two (2) yearspharmacy clinical experience
- Minimum two (2) yearsexperience working with a Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board or similarCommittee
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Strong oral and writtencommunications skills, including proficiency with Microsoft software (e.g.Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Acombination of comprehensive therapeutic knowledge, problem-solvingskills, and judgment is necessary.
- Abilityto work cooperatively with others; comprehension of the current standardsof pharmacy practice; and understanding of the challenges of professionalpharmacy practice.
- Abilityto master computer / software applications necessary for completing jobtasks as required.
- Abilityto manage multiple employees and workloads at once and meet contractualdeadlines.
- Excellentverbal and communication skills.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years clinical experience
- Experience shouldinclude:
- Retrospective claimsdata analysis
- Review of formularies
- Review of prospectiveand retrospective DUR criteria
- Familiarity with MCO
- Minimum of 2 yearsexperience working with a Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board or similarCommittee
We know your time is valuable and we thank you in advance for applying for this position. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive, only those who are chosen to advance in our interview process will be contacted. We sincerely appreciate your interest in Kepro and invite you to apply to future openings that may be of interest. Best of luck in your search!
~ The Kepro Talent Acquisition Team
Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers; occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and occasionally travel within the state.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Kepro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.