Certified Pharmacy Technician Step Range: 12 ($35,990) - 31 ($63,109) Regular, Full-Time with Benefits Position is located in Chiloquin.
Working under the general supervision of a licensed Pharmacist, the incumbent shall perform a variety of technical pharmaceutical functions to support the mission of Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services (KTHFS.) The Certified Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for assisting the Pharmacists in all aspects of pharmacy permissible under their Oregon Pharmacy technician license. This will include, but not be limited to, prescription order entry, filling prescriptions, and dispensing prescriptions, helping to maintain the drug inventory, providing customer service and performing various administrative tasks. Routine duties shall include providing healthcare-related services to eligible patients primarily at KTHFS Wellness Clinic, but also in homes, schools, alternate job sites, and other community locations within the Klamath Tribes' Service Unit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The incumbent must recognize their training and experience limitations and not "over extend" themselves when matters are more appropriately handled by a Pharmacist or supervisor.
2. Perform all technical aspects of the medication order including prescription processing, measuring, packaging, compounding, reconstituting, labeling, and unit dosing. Fulfill requests and issue medications and supplies to other departments.
3. Perform calculations for the preparation of medication and pharmaceutical products.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
Possess basic knowledge of Federal regulations regarding Pharmacy operation. Ability to perform work and accomplish tasks by following specific Pharmacy Department and general KTHFS policy and procedures to accomplish Pharmacy Department priorities. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with patients, caregivers, Pharmacy personnel, and other Health Care Professionals.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION
- Required to possess a High School Diploma or Equivalent. (Must submit copy of diploma or transcripts with application.)
- Required to possess Oregon Certified Pharmacy Technician Licensure (Must submit a copy of certification with application.)
- Required to possess Pharmacy Technician National Certification (CPhT) (Must submit a copy of certification with application.)