Pharmacy Technician I - Certified:
Novant Health is seeking a Pharmacy Technician I-Certified, to join our hospital pharmacy team, to deliver optimal medication management across all dimensions of care, every time.
Novant Health is an integrated system of physician practices, hospitals, outpatient centers, and more - each element committed to delivering a remarkable healthcare experience for patients and their families. With world-class technology, personal connections, and care that's easier to access and understand, Novant Health is with patients every step of the way on their journey to health and wellness.
Essential functions include:
* Filling and delivering medication orders for all age groups under the direct supervision of a pharmacist.
* Performing non-sterile compounding and repackaging.
* Answering and screening telephone calls and referring calls to a pharmacist when appropriate.
* Processing cart fills, refills to automated dispensing machines and replenishments to emergency kits and carts.
* Demonstrating proficiency with equipment and software.
Why Novant Health?
* Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth, as you take advantage of the opportunities, to advance your practice to other roles and responsibilities in the pharmacy technician profession!
* 8 Magnet Designated Hospitals
* LeapFrog Grade "A" Ratings at all Novant Health facilities
* Novant Health is recognized as one of the Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Forbes Best Employers for Women in 2020, Leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality and 50 Best Places for Women and Managers of Diverse Backgrounds to Work.
#JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth #PharmacyTech #NHRxTech
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
* Education: High school diploma required. Associates degree preferred.
* Experience: One year relevant experience preferred. If Associate's Degree in Pharm Tech, experience is included in schooling
* Licensure/certification/registration: Current registry with applicable State Board(s) of Pharmacy required. PTCB must be completed within 30 days of days of hire, or proof of enrollment/FPGEE/FPGEC required.
* Additional skills required: State Registration and/or evidence of renewal is required for both Pharmacists and Technicians fifteen days prior to expiration and Technicians are required to be either certified through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), or have a Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) score >85% (less than 2 years old), or be active in Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) or Foreign Pharmacy Equivalency Certification (FPGEC). Considerable knowledge and application of basic math skills, including ratio and proportion relationships; strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Basic technology skills. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed.
* Additional skills preferred: Considerable knowledge of medication names (both trade and generic) and their doses, routes of administration, and adverse effects. Demonstrates patient interview skills.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
* Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
* The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
* All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".