The Mail Order/OTC Pharmacy Distribution Clerk 1 processes and dispenses or directly supports the processing and dispensing of Traditional and Over The Counter prescription orders to be mailed to patients' homes and handles complex and/or escalated issues. The Mail Order/OTC Pharmacy Distribution Clerk 1 performs basic administrative/clerical/operational/customer support/computational tasks. Typically works on routine and patterned assignments.
The Mail Order/OTC Pharmacy Distribution Clerk 1 resolves problems related to drug interactions, dependencies, and department processes. Analyzes distribution and supports pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Assists Pharmacists in medication preparation and dispensing directly or through program/process development. May contact physicians for prescriptions clarification and may enter prescription orders into pharmacy system. Complies with all Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), federal, state, and company regulations, policies, and procedures. Decisions are limited to defined parameters around work expectations, quality standards, priorities and timing, and works under close supervision and/or within established policies/practices and guidelines with minimal opportunity for deviation.
Earn a $750 hiring bonus! Bonus is paid after 180 days of employment; you must be employed until that date to be eligible to receive the payment.
* Ability to stand in one location for up to 8 to 10 hours.
* Must be flexible, friendly, engaging, and proactive.
* Must have a work ethic that is focused, accurate and highly productive.
* Self-directed, versatile and also able to work well in a group.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
* Shift is 5:30PM - 2:00 AM, Sunday to Friday.
* Must be able to train for the first 2 weeks on 1st shift. 6:30am - 3pm.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Packing and shipping experience in a mail order or similar facility.
* Pharmacy experience would be a plus.
* Reports to a Supervisor
* For this job, associates are required to be fully COVID vaccinated (preferred) or undergo weekly COVID testing and wear a face covering while at work. The weekly testing will need to be done through an approved Humana vendor, and unvaccinated associates should follow all social distancing and masking protocols if they are required to come into a Humana facility or work outside of their home. We are a healthcare company committed to putting health and safety first for our members, patients, associates, and the communities we serve.
If progressed to offer, you will be required to:
* Provide proof of full vaccination or commit to testing protocols OR
* Provide proof of applicable exemption including any required supporting documentation
* Medical, religious, state and remote-only work exemptions are available.
Scheduled Weekly Hours